Re: [ceph-users] Ceph Mgr/Dashboard Python depedencies: a new approach

Hi Casey,

The original idea was to leave this to Reef alone, but given that the CentOS 9 Quincy release is also blocked by missing Python packages, I think that it'd make sense to backport it.

I'm coordinating with Pere (in CC) to expedite this. We may need help to troubleshoot Shaman/rpmbuild issues. Who would be the best one to help with that?

Regarding your last question, I don't know who's the maintainer of those packages in EPEL. There's this BZ (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/2166620) requesting that specific package, but that's only one out of the dozen of missing packages (plus transitive dependencies)...

Kind Regards,
Ernesto

On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 2:19 PM Casey Bodley <cbodley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi Ernesto and lists,

> [1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/47501

are we planning to backport this to quincy so we can support centos 9
there? enabling that upgrade path on centos 9 was one of the
conditions for dropping centos 8 support in reef, which i'm still keen
to do

if not, can we find another resolution to
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/58832? as i understand it, all of
those python packages exist in centos 8. do we know why they were
dropped for centos 9? have we looked into making those available in
epel? (cc Ken and Kaleb)