Re: [ceph-users] Adding Labels Section to Perf Counters Output

Do the counters need to be moved under a separate key? That would
break anything today that currently tries to parse them. We have quite
a bit of internal monitoring that relies on "perf dump" output, but
it's mostly not output that I would expect to gain labels in general
(e.g. bluestore stats).

Taking a step back, though, from a json perspective, the proposal
seems a bit odd to me. I think what's being proposed is something like
this (using a random stat name that may or may not exist):
"bucket_stats": {
  "labels": { "bucket": "one", }
  "counters": { ... },
}
"bucket_stats": {
  "labels": { "bucket": "two", }
  "counters": { ... },
}

Many standard json parsers (e.g. golang's) won't be able to
meaningfully parse this due to the "bucket_stats" key repeating. They
would expect something like this instead:
"bucket_stats": [
  {
    "labels": { "bucket": "one", }
    "counters": { ... },