What is the use case of your Ceph cluster? Developers want to know!

Dear Ceph developers,

Ceph developers and doc writers are looking for responses from people in the user/dev community who have experience with a Ceph cluster. Our question: What is the use case of your Ceph cluster?

Since the first official Argonaut release in 2012, Ceph has greatly expanded its features and user base. With the next major release on the horizon, developers are now more curious than ever to know how people are using their clusters in the wild.

Our goal is to share these insightful results with the community, as well as make it easy for beginning developers (e.g. students from Google Summer of Code, Outreachy, or Grace Hopper) to understand all the ways that Ceph can be used.

We plan to add interesting use cases to our website [1] and/or documentation [2].

In completing this survey, you'll have the option of providing your name or remaining anonymous. If your use case is chosen to include on the website or documentation, we will be sure to honor your choice of being recognized or remaining anonymous.

Follow this link [3] to begin the survey. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions!

- Laura Flores

1. Ceph website: https://ceph.io/
2. Ceph documentation: https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/
3. Survey link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSceR8i2vmjdL34hbkhqyU5dAJjZKzjVokx2rI4sB2n1Q0fHKA/viewform?usp=sf_link