openSUSE builds (was: Re: Ceph Leadership Team meeting 2022-06-15)

On 6/16/22 02:08, Ilya Dryomov wrote:
> - opensuse builds have been failing for a while (Nathan, Tim)
>   - a number of jenkins builders are dedicated to opensuse, is that
>     still useful or can they be freed up?

>From a quick look at https://shaman.ceph.com/builds/ceph/, builds of
octopus and pacific for openSUSE are succeeding, but quincy is failing.
 The latter will be fixed once https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/46155
goes in.

How many builders are devoted to openSUSE / how many need freeing up?  I
doubt it makes a lot of sense to do octopus builds of openSUSE anymore
given that's EOL-ish...  As for the others, we track pacific reasonably
closely downstream already anyway.  I do downstream builds of quincy and
main on an ad-hoc basis, so my work there lags somewhat behind any
failures upstream Jenkins would find for those branches.

Regards,

Tim
--
Tim Serong