Re: mempool and cacheline ping pong

Hi Loïc:
One quick comment.

Normally a script with many commands isn't needed to detect cacheline contention.   The reason I gave you one is because I know nothing about your environment, the topology, the system, or the load you're running.    The many commands in that script should give me enough information such that I don't come back a 2nd time asking you to rerun something because I needed more information.

All it takes is one simple "perf c2c record ..." command to examine cacheline contention.  And my goal is to help you see it yourself.

Let me know when you have something.
Thank you.
Joe