Re: Documentation for S3-ceph tests

Hi Robin and John,

Thanks for responding on IRC Robin, sorry I seemed to have missed your response!

It’s good to hear there are already some other eyes on this and a plan to begin addressing it. I second your list of requests as someone currently going through the tests and trying to catalog them from a high level view. An external source of info documenting individual s3 tests would make the tests much more understandable over the current method of having to read through over all the code itself.

Our current plan is to take a catalog of the existing tests to see if it covers some of the tests we’ll need to verify our ceph implementation. This will likely involve at first cataloging the existing tests in some way.

Excited to hear about the GSOC project idea! Look forward to it hopefully working out. If there’s anything I can help to contribute towards I’d be happy to help.

John, as it stands I would be glad to help contribute towards a summative catalog of the tests if such a place exists in the documentation. Just let me know if there’s a process in place to add in what we come up with.

Thanks,
- Gavin

(831) 515-6028