Documentation for S3-ceph tests

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of documentation regarding the s3-test suite (https://github.com/ceph/s3-tests). We’re trying to implement some multi-cluster functionality with s3 and part of it is validation testing to make sure everything works as it should. I’m assuming that a lot of what we’re trying to do is already covered by the s3-test suite. I’m just looking for more documentation on what exactly is covered by the tests, and what functionality is tested.

I’ve been able to find docs relating to running the tests on a deployed cluster (https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/dev/developer_guide/running-tests-locally/). But no documentation beyond that about the tests themselves. Just from looking at the code there’s organization by feature using the attribution feature in nose, so I’m wondering if there’s existing knowledge that’s recorded but that I’m missing. Something that breaks down coverage of each attribute, or a list of all the tests being run along with a quick description.

- Gavin