Re: Documentation for S3-ceph tests

Hi Robin.

I’m the Ceph Upstream Docs guy.

More detailed Teuthology documentation is likely to be developed later this year.

If you have specific requests, let me know and I’ll try to shape the docs to accommodate them.

Zac Dover
Upstream Docs
Ceph

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 at 5:55 am, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 04:07:22PM -0500, Gavin Chen wrote:
> I’ve been able to find docs relating to running the tests on a
> deployed cluster
> (https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/dev/developer_guide/running-tests-locally/
> <https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/dev/developer_guide/running-tests-locally/>).
> But no documentation beyond that about the tests themselves. Just from
> looking at the code there’s organization by feature using the
> attribution feature in nose, so I’m wondering if there’s existing
> knowledge that’s recorded but that I’m missing. Something that breaks
> down coverage of each attribute, or a list of all the tests being run
> along with a quick description.
Hi!

I answered you on IRC, but I don't know if you saw it.

There isn't a good list of what's covered, and that's one of the goals I
have in mind when I included a project in the list of potential GSOC
projects for this year:
"RGW: S3 SDK COMPATABILITY" on
https://ceph.io/contribute/google-summer-of-code/

I was hoping to instrument coverage of Boto, per each test within
s3-tests, and that would enable us to improve tags on each test within
s3-tests with the S3 API calls that it does consume, and see if that
matches what we want to have tested. This would then also see what parts
of the S3 API are NOT presently tested by s3-tests. The recent bugs of
s3website error handling w/ conditional HTTP requests clearly show there
are cases there not properly covered in tests today.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer