Re: is ceph-deploy still used?

Lots of installations have significant automation and processes built around ceph-deploy.  And few resources to repeatedly perform deep retrofits to accomodate moving targets.  Heck, I still struggle to understand why the mon time sync status was moved.

ceph-ansible has matured nicely, but it doesn’t meet everyone’s needs.

cephadm in Octopus doesn’t retroactively manage clusters running older releases, and from what I can see on ceph-users it’s not mature.  Heck I’m likely to wait for Pacific to give it time to work out the kinks.

Those running production workloads don’t have the option of throwing everything away and starting from scratch.