From: kefu chai <tchaikov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 6:39 PM
Subject: is ceph-deploy still used?
To: <ceph-maintainers@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Neha Ojha <nojha@xxxxxxxxxx>, Josh Durgin <jdurgin@xxxxxxxxxx>,
Brad Hubbard <bhubbard@xxxxxxxxxx>, James Page <james.page@xxxxxxxxxx>

hi ceph maintainers,

when reviewing ceph-deploy PRs, i am wondering why are we still
maintaining this tool. as IIUC, we are supposed to deploy ceph using
the Ansible playbooks offered by ceph-ansble[0]. and in future, we are
more likely to deploy a ceph cluster using cephadm[1].

so the question is, are you still packaging / using ceph-deploy?

cheers,

--
[0] https://github.com/ceph/ceph-ansible
[1] https://ceph.io/ceph-management/introducing-cephadm/