Re: teuthology is now python3

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 9:59 PM Brad Hubbard <bhubbard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So we are clear about this any tests using a branch based on luminous,
> mimic, nautilus, or octopus should use "--teuthology-branch py2".
>
> Anything newer than octopus should be tested against the teuthology
> master branch (IOW do not use "--teuthology-branch py2").

Is there a way we can automate this?

I guess the main users of older branches will probably be the
nightlies or using backport scripts so maybe we're okay just leaving
it, but something that checks the included tags and tries to guess or
at least warn if you use the wrong one would prevent some errors.

(I'm assuming this applies to anything we run with
teuthology-schedule, not just direct invocations.)
-Greg