Re: do_cmake.sh won't do Debug build anymore

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019, kefu chai wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> tl;dr: it's a notice/RFC that `do_cmake.sh` won't pass do Debug build
> anymore after https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/30250 gets merged.

I like(d) that the default do_make.sh incantation does a debug build,
which has lockdep enabled, which means that most development and basic
vstart testing happens with lockdep enabled.

If it's not too much complexity, IMO it would be nice if do_cmake sitll
defaulted to a debug build (but was maybe clever enough to still let you
do a release build for the perf tests)...?

sage