Re: Kernel version of Arnaldos Net Git tree

2007/8/21, Gerrit Renker <gerrit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Ian, Leandro

Hi Gerrit and Ian,

> I fully sympathise with your experiences, having just been through much hell of
> rebasing the test tree to track Arnaldo's recent changes (dont' worry, it works
> and I will post the changes) and then finding out that 2 out of 3 computers no longer
> even boot due to changes somewhere else in the tree.

Yes, this is my case and yesterday I used linus-git with your dccp
code and everything worked fine. Today I pulled from your git tree and
also worked, but my laptop froze to times and I need to reboot it, I
don't now why!

> I am open to suggestions as to when to resynchronise the tree.

I don't have any particular opinion about that... I think that if we
report some malfunction (like this with watchdog, APIC, and so on) in
your tree and you merge your tree with the latest linus-git (or davem)
it is enough.

> What I will do, in any case, is put up a diff from a working version online.
>
> The test tree was synchronised yesterday against davem-2.6

Good from now!

-