Re: Proposed socket API change

Hi Ian,
|  > Thanks for mentioning dccp@xxxxxxxx, have copied message there. If there are no
|  > strong objections, will send patch on Monday.
|  >
|  > - Gerrit
|
|  I agree about the service code personally but we shouldn't accept into
|  Linux something that deliberately breaks the RFC. We need to convince
|  the protocol authors first.
That is a good point.

I am in the process of compiling a `dccp socket programming mini how-to', in which all
these questions play a role. I am currently using the Wand pages as input but would
appreciate any other information, e.g. if the pmtu discovery issue reported on
http://linux-net.osdl.org/index.php/DCCP_Testing
has been resolved (the to-do list of the same server lists only `PMTU'; if it
is not resolved, it would be a next thing).

- Gerrit

-