Re: Proposed socket API change

|  > In a forthcoming communication to SIGCOMM-06, the inventors of DCCP say that
|  > they were "motivated by keeping the basic API as simple as UDP's" and that
|  > "DCCP should provide applications with an API as simple as that of UDP".
|
|  I think the same authors killed me on this point.  I believe their motivation is
|  "we want service codes to be used" and that they are a useful thing.  I agree
|  with them, but I don't agree on "forcing the users to use service codes".
I have the same idea; the proposal is an attempt to make the API simple without
contradicting the spec. UDP also does not contradict its spec and yet is simple
to program; if the same can be done with DCCP, that would be great.

Thanks for mentioning dccp@xxxxxxxx, have copied message there. If there are no
strong objections, will send patch on Monday.

- Gerrit
-