Re: Dash's web presence

Hi,

> The word "transparent" has an implied subtext that there is something
> happening concerning these bugs elsewhere --- perhaps a hidden

Sorry, didn't mean anything like that. In fact, most problems seem to
originate in the web page: if it simply said "we don't have a
bugtracker, please send mail" and "this is where you can send mail",
things would be much clearer (though, in my opinion, still in need of
improvement).

And sorry if I was being a bit abrasive -- I just wanted to make sure
people "wake up" and realize that being the default shell brings some
responsibilities. Shell programming can be frustrating even without
bugs, but when bugs appear, options tend to narrow to using perl /
python even when one doesn't want to depend on them. And shell bugs
linger in distros for many, many years after they are fixed.

-- Dan