Re: Dash's web presence

> have pages like that --- e.g.,
>
>        http://invisible-island.net/xterm/xterm.html

xterm is now a niche project used by a small minority. Even I use
urxvtcd. Debian's X11 doesn't even require xterm.

> Was it lacking some information you needed?  Do you know someone

Only the most essential things: how to send mail to the list and how
to report bugs.

> willing to buy up dash dot org to make it redirect there?

Sourceforge? Google Code? Berlioz?

> A bug tracker makes no sense if no one is maintaining it.  Do you know

So you admit that the dash community is not up to maintaining a bug tracker...

Shall we go over the advantages of a BTS in ensuring bugs aren't
forgotten, capturing the lifecycle of a bug, organizing follow-up,
offering a template for bug reporters, providing a "big picture" for
developers etc? I would be happy to detail these points for anyone who
thinks a mailing list is equivalent to a BTS (or just read Joel on
Software, he's already done this work).

> Debian has a bug tracker.

... and when they do get off the couch and want to push a report
upstream, where do they go? To this list, where bug reports can get
lost between == discussions, nothing gets filed in an organized
manner, and tracking a bug's status means leafing through pages of
archives?

>> I would expect a more dignified web presence
>
> Do you know anyone interested in making a new web site?  That's how

Again, Sourceforge, Google and a myriad of others would be happy to
set up a project page, accessible mailing list and BTS for free.

>> and a more transparent development.
>
> I haven't noticed development going on behind doors.  What does this
> even mean?  Patches get sent to the list, discussed on the list, then
> committed to the git repository.

A read-only mailing list and non-existent BTS is transparent? How can
users report bugs? How can they track what happened to a bug? How can
they participate in discussions?

Oh, you do have a GIT repository. Kudos for that.

-- Dan