Re: License in new files

We are working with CMU to get the project and license released from them and to move it under a more generic license.  Its been a slow process.

On 4/14/20 3:45 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Tuesday, April 14, 2020 4:02 PM -0400 Simo Sorce <simo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Unfortunately the text you pasted below is like the original 3-clause
bsd + advertising clause which is a bit obnoxious.

I think Fastmail or whoever owns the project these days needs to come up with an official policy on:

a) What license should be applied
b) What requirements (CLA, DCO, etc) there are for accepting large contributions

These seem to be currently lacking.

Regards,
Quanah

--