Re: In use on 2.1.22 [Was: Re: saslauthd SASL_IPREMOTEPORT -> PAM_RHOST]

Lorenzo,

I've linked your patch in the RHEL bug I opened a while ago, but I'm not sure if they'll incorporate it... we might need to forward it to RH support instead of going through bugzilla.

I don't suppose you want to extend saslauthd's logging capability to create a limited log (for failed auth) even without the debug flag... do you? For example, logging something like this into syslog:

saslauthd [PID]: failed AUTH login for user <user> from <host> [IP]

This is less verbose than the debug-level log (and would be logged only on auth failure, not success), and it would also create the appropriate fail-log even when not using pam or other plugins (i.e. even if saslauthd is used on its own). If you're up for it, I think such a log function would be highly appreciated (by me, at least!). Ideally, it would be enabled by default, but could be disabled by using a -quiet flag on launch (just like the debug-level logging can be manually enabled with -verbose).

Thanks. =)
						--- Amir