Re: cyrus-sasl + auxprop plugin for ldap

Because saslauthd allows only single authentication mechanism to be used.
In my case I need to be able to have both mysql and ldap (though may be it is possible to have in both through pam).
I guess auxprops frameworks allows this multiple mechanisms  to be achieved. At least, that's how it looks at first glance.

Anna

On 9/19/07, Howard Chu <hyc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Shawn Nock wrote:

> Dieter Kluenter wrote:
>> "Anna Arnaudova" <annaarnaudova@xxxxxxxxx > writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am looking for auxprop plugin implementation for ldap query equal to the one
>>> implemented in saslauthd.
>>> Managed to found only one from Simon Loader, but it is against cyrus-sasl
>>> 2.1.10.
>> ldapdb?
>>
>> -Dieter
>
> We maintain the old ldapauxprop locally for use in our production email
> system. I'll pass you a tarball or patches against 2.1.22 if you are
> interested.

Maybe a stupid question but - if you want the functionality of saslauthd, why
don't you just use saslauthd? You're not getting any benefit of the auxprop
architecture here.
--
   -- Howard Chu
   Chief Architect, Symas Corp.  http://www.symas.com