Re: Mounting additional encrypted filesystems from within an encrypted root

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 07:29 -0700, Fred Gazerblezeebe wrote:

> ...I tried using gpg directly
>
> /root[35]% gpg --decrypt /etc/keys/varkey.gpg
> gpg: cannot open '/dev/tty' no such device or address'

Making a bit of progress here...

I was able to solve this specific behavior by replacing tty with the
console

mv /dev/tty /dev/tty.bak
ln -s /dev/console /dev/tty

after which

gpg --decrypt /etc/keys/varkey.gpg

prompts for the passphrase and then decrypts the key to the screen as
expected.  Unfortunately this did not alter the behavior of losetup

losetup -e aes128 -K /etc/keys/varkey.gpg /dev/loop6 /dev/sda6

which still fails with the 'gpg file decryption failed' message. Since
gpg now appears to be able to behave correctly, perhaps there is
something about the way it is being called by losetup -K?

FG

-