Re: Mounting additional encrypted filesystems from within an encrypted root

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 07:29 -0700, Fred Gazerblezeebe wrote:

> .../etc/init.d/losetup.sh), containing
>
> #!/bin/sh
> echo "<SUPPRESSED>" | losetup -p0 -e aes128 \
> -K /etc/keys/varkey.gpg /dev/loop6 /dev/sda6

So, with only a few less reboots than there are protons in the
universe ;^(, I have discovered that this script works _provided_
that /usr has been mounted first. No need to mv/ln the tty/console
devices as I described in an earlier message for getting 'gpg --decrypt'
to work.

Of course the problem is that I want to mount /usr in this same script,
creating a chicken and egg scenario. I've used lsof and fuser to look
at /usr to see if I can find what, if anything, sh, losetup and/or gpg
are are using there, but so far no luck. Any suggestions?  Even guesses
would be helpful.

FG

-