ESSIV vs XTS

I am wondering which mode of operation I should use with LUKS.
I plan on either cbc-essiv or xts-benbi.
The reason i ask as that the XTS kernel module is still flagged as
excremental. If it was not I would simply use XTS-benbi.
Note that TrueCrypt uses the XTS module, and the developers of it have
probably looked at XTS.c (hopefully). Can anyone shed some light on this
subject?

-