Re: But losetsup -a still hangs if a loop device is being written to

> I recall some threads about this hang but I can't recall the outcome - I was
> under the impression it had been fixed?  But it's still there.

Found it:  http://www.nabble.com/losetup--a-blocks-when-loop-is-written-to-to9079900.html#a9079900

"This appears to be lock contention issue. Direct block device access and
loop device ioctls that are used to query loop device status seem to both
want same exclusive lock. Direct block device writes seem to win lock
contention most of the time, or all of the time. Loop device ioctls
eventually gets the lock, but it may take some time."

So I guess that could not be fixed in user space.  Maybe in the loop driver ...?

-