Re: regarding the cold-boot attack

On 08.01.2009 14:57, markus reichelt wrote:
> * Matthias Schniedermeyer <ms@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The only question for loop-aes is, when used in V3-Mode with 65 keys,
> > does it allow to "shuffle" the keys fully or at least partially.
>
> I haven't looked at the source, but I guess the keys are right next
> to each other in memory and not scattered. It's logical to write code
> like that.

Btw. I just thought about which of the 65 keys of a single loop is "more equal".

And i think key 65 is "more equal" that the other 64 keys, for any given
block one of the first 64 keys is used, but key 65 is used always. At if
i understood right how loop-aes works.

So, if i'm not mistaken, when you are able to give key 65 better
protection, the protection of the other 64 keys is less important.

This reduces the amount of bytes that need "absolut" protection, but the
question of "How To" still stands. :-(

Bis denn

-