Re: Help booting a gpg encrypted loop-aes backed root partition

* Jari Ruusu <jariruusu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Either your kernel does not run initrd code, or initrd is somehow
> messed up and is unrunnable. Can you send me your full compressed
> kernel config, and a copy of your initrd.gz file?

When I was setting up root encryption on some machines with different
kernel versions I ran into problems with pivot mode. On some it
worked, on most it didn't, so I'm not using it for new setups these
days. I remembered there was some talk on LKML about it, here's the
link:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/06/24/130

Jivko, have you tried using an initrd with USEPIVOT=0? Don't forget
to adapt kernel boot parameters.

--
left blank, right bald