Re: Linux distro w/loop-aes

Jari Ruusu <jariruusu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Most people understand that large hunk of random looking data is either
> compressed or encrypted. You may be able to claim that your
> no-partition-tables hard disk contains compressed data if you slap gzip or
> bzip2 header to the beginning of the the disk. Or even better, write a
> header that says "technobubble compressor version 0.1-alpha3 1999-06-15".
> When asked how to decompress that, you say "they went out of business".

Very funny in deed! However, experience has proven that calmness remains the best protection in any situation. I would neither advise someone to spill information nor would I suggest to mock intruders. Most likely it´s best to try to de-escalate the situation and remain silent. What is to be discovered will be discovered and which is not wont be. Consider, by laying out traces you give reason to ask questions which you definitely don´t want to answer. Traps, dismissive behavior and such may lead to aggressive reactions. To put the strategy in a nutshell: Zero information spillage
Anyway it doesn´t matter if some data is compressed, encrypted or mutilated by the latest virus on the net. As long as you can´t use it for some purpose it remains completely worthless.

Kind regards,
Peter

-