Re: Linux distro w/loop-aes

Peter_22@xxxxxx wrote:
> Once I am done with a system disk there is no partition table left over
> and no space before the beginning of a first partition wasted. When
> issuing "less -f /dev/sdX" there has to come up nothing else but randomly
> looking data, from the first to the very last sector. Such a drive looks
> no different from a drive where "dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sdX" has been
> run.

Most people understand that large hunk of random looking data is either
compressed or encrypted. You may be able to claim that your
no-partition-tables hard disk contains compressed data if you slap gzip or
bzip2 header to the beginning of the the disk. Or even better, write a
header that says "technobubble compressor version 0.1-alpha3 1999-06-15".
When asked how to decompress that, you say "they went out of business".

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-