Re: Status in 2007 of: loop-aes VS dm-crypt VS truecrypt

* Rudolf Deilmann <rudolf.deilmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > If you want to take a look at loop-aes I suggest
> > you take KNOPPIX which features loop-aes out of the
> > box.
>
> Or try grml.org for testing purpose (speed, usability,...)
> It supports dmcrypt, loop-aes and truecrypt.

loop-aes? since when?

ever since the 1st release loop-aes was "sadly not supported", as far
as I can recall; see http://grml.org/kernel/#patches (search for
loop-aes):

loop-aes

Using loop-aes with >=2.6.13 fails with 'register_blkdev: cannot get
major 7 for loop'. grml requires a stable loopback device interface
(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y) but loop-aes has different requirements so
loop-aes is not part of grml. :-/

either this info is outdated or has been outright neglected.

--
left blank, right bald