Re: Status in 2007 of: loop-aes VS dm-crypt VS truecrypt

> If you want to take a look at loop-aes I suggest
> you take KNOPPIX which features loop-aes out of the
> box.

Or try grml.org for testing purpose (speed, usability,...)
It supports dmcrypt, loop-aes and truecrypt.

> Loop-aes is optimized for amd64. Furthermore it is
> capable of encrypting the whole system which means
> you start the PC from removable USB media. No
> partition table and no plain text boot sector
> remain.

you can do this all with dmcrypt too ...
There is assembler-optimized code (AES_i586, aes_x86_64, twofish_i586,...) and you don't need a partition table or something like this. Just write your dm-crypt table by hand instead of using luks for key management,...

-