Re: raid5 loop-aes

Hi!

Jari Ruusu escribió:

I didn't find sources for debian 2.6.18-3 kernel, but I did find sources for
what appears to be 2.6.18-8

The kernel I use is here http://packages.debian.org/testing/admin/linux-image-2.6.18-3-amd64

Yesterday, i left the machine with a battery of test running bonnie++ on different chunk sizes raid0 and raid5 setups with ext2/ext3, with different stride values, and nocrypto/aes128/aes192/aes256.
I can post the result and the script here when it finish.

Does this mean that the stride parameter is useless when using loop-aes
over RAID5?

I looked at the kernel sources and mount man page, and I didn't find any
support for stride (or stripe) mount option for ext3 file system. Not in
base Linus' kernel or in debian/patches/* of above mentioned debian kernel.

Maybe I missed something obvious here. How are you using that stride
parameter?

The stride parameter is in mke2fs command.

This is from the mke2fs man page:
                   stride=stripe-size
                          Configure  the  filesystem  for  a  RAID  array with
                          stripe-size filesystem blocks per stripe.

When the tests get finished we'll see the effect of this parameter

Regards

Santiago Castillo Oli        scastillo@xxxxxxxxx
Técnico de sistemas                 976 71 50 06
Biblioteca de Aragón

-