Loop-AES & Full-disk encryption

Hi, guys, I have some questions about the Loop-AES. Is
Loop-AES a kind of full-disk encryption? I mean
Loop-AES is a sector by sector partition based
encryption or not? I read the README about the
Loop-AES. It says that Loop-AES will create a boot
partition and this boot partition is unencrypted. What
kind of information contained in this small boot
partition? The Linux kernel image or just some kind of
boot records? Loop-AES will encrypt the entire
operation system including all the system files?

Thanks.