root-crypto with loop-aes on debian-testing, 2.6.15-1-686

Hello-, I used the newest loop-aes.README (10.April 2006) to get my root-fs
encrypted but failed with something like " no console found".
I used debian testing, but the newest loop-aes-relevant packages from unstable,
which I successfully use in multikey-mode on several other partions on another
computer and on the test-laptop for this try.
I managed to make a root-fs with dm-crypt via the ERPOSS4-Distri on the test-laptop but I don want to use dm-crypt and, additionally, I have good reasons not to trust the german government or any of his fuzzys, (and I do not want to
give a really long passphrase 4 times because dm-crypt do not feed random-PW
for swap).
I heard rumors about udev, =>2.6.15 and changes of ramdisk........
I worked with the readme precisely point for point but sometimes I used some
*.deb instead of the tarball if I remember well.

Can anyone, especially when called Jari, give a hint ?

          regards,       Reverend

-