Using loop-aes while keeping original loop.ko

Hello All,

I am currently running encrypted file systems under luks dm-crypt, this on
Suse10.0  v2.6.13-15.7
I badly would like to start on loop-aes, but I would like to keep the present
luks encrypted files going, this without having to switch between two
different kernels. Following the instructions for a kernel recompile for
loop-aes, could I also keep the old loop.o as a loadable module now and after
rmmod loop, either modprobe the old loop or the new loop-aes?
Did anybody do this. Thank you kindly for any commentary or help on this.

malv

-