Re: AES -LWR-IV encrypting without kernel recomplile?

The recent version of Truecrypt now claims to implement LWR I think, mainly in response to well-aimed criticisms by people like Jari.  What shoudl be of concern is that it took so long for Truecrypt to wake up to this issue in the first place.

I have no idea if that in fact resolves Truecrypt's brokeness - it would be interesting to know.

On linux it requires the device mapper stuff, hence a 2.6.something kernel that is capable of this.   But it can only mount, not create, encrypted volumes under linux - that you have to under windoze -  and this is a tremendous bore.
malvert <mavert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all
It seems that this discussion kind of got stalled way back in early 2005.
Is a solution to be expected soon for this rather awkward situation.
I would by far prefer a 'non-broken' AES-LWR encryption without the hassle of
tinkering with kernel recompile. As I understand it, this is mainly a linux
kernel shortcoming.

malv

-
Linux-crypto: cryptography in and on the Linux system
Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/

Do you Yahoo!?