Re: loop-AES with ReiserFS for file-backed loop?

Anon wrote:
I *am* planning on using a device-backed loop.

good ;)

try it to see if it works for you. but in "most cases" file backed loops are behaving better.
I assume you really meant device-backed loops in the last sentance above.

yes, of course. sorry.

My interest in using a file-backed loop is so that I can have a loop-AES device-backed loop containing a loop-AES file-backed loop, for two (or more) layers of encryption.

hm. i'd rather go with a higher bitsize (e.g. aes-256) or try a combination of device-backed loop-aes and dm-crypt or something.

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #334:

50% of the manual is in .pdf readme files

-