Re: data leakage

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 11:46:26PM +0200, markus reichelt wrote:
> "Linux: How to Use RAM as Swap
> Posted by kmerley on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 23:05

This just strikes me as absurd beyond belief. If you have
more RAM your tasks won't swap out as much. I've on
occasion set up systems with no swap and they worked just
fine so long as the number of runnning tasks was sized
properly.

Are you talking about main memory or are you talking
about swapping to a solid state memory device that
pretends to be a disk? That at least makes some kind
of sense if it is truly fast memory.

If your system is slow, give it more RAM. Swapping
takes time, no matter what the target store and you
do not want to do it unless you have too little RAM
to start with.

             Artemis Systems Development
   Dale Amon     amon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx    +44-7802-188325
       International linux systems consultancy
     Hardware & software system design, security
    and networking, systems programming and Admin
	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"