Re: Corrupt files on hard disk

Tommy Back schrieb:
> ReiserFS: warning: is_tree_node: node level 35571 does not match to the
> expected one 1
> ReiserFS: loop4: warning: vs-5150: search_by_key: invalid format found
> in block 3014659. Fsck?
> ReiserFS: loop4: warning: vs-13070: reiserfs_read_locked_inode: i/o
> failure occurred trying to find stat data of [1311 1314 0x0 SD]

you could post this to the ReiserFS list (reiserfs-list@xxxxxxxxxxx) to
find out more about the errors and its severity (or you could wade through
the sourcecode by yourself). then you can think about using their support
offer: http://www.namesys.com/support.html

> Nothing special. Anyway, I wouldn't think that this is the problem,
> because I have had the same problem in another machine, a PIII.

"have had" or "have"? can you take the disk to another machine and
reproduce the same errors? does

% dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/null bs=8M

work without errors? (please check the syslog!)

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #40:

not enough memory, go get system upgrade

-