Re: Problems building from tarballs solved

Err.. one more question I need to check to be clear,
which may be even more ignorant than my previous
posts.

The running kernel at the time of building the module
must have been compiled with compiled with
CONFIG_MODULES=y
and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=n.

If I am building the loop.o driver for some kernel
(for which I have a working config file ("z")) other
than the above running loopless kernel, I can download
the sources and do:

make distclean          # get rid of previous kernel
compile junk
mv z .config            # restore config
make oldconfig
make dep && make clean
make bzImage && make modules
cd /home/phil/loop-AES-v3.0d
make LINUX_SOURCE=/usr/src/kernel-source-2.x.y
KEYSCRUB=y

Should config file z also have CONFIG_MODULES=y
and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=n, or  is that irrelevant?

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

-