Re: loop-aes-ciphers make problem with kernel version

I'm in need of a brain recompile !! - ignore all that
- all I did was inadvertently boot into the (wrong)
2.4.27 kernel which of course has my doctored loop.o
from before - I then thought I'd fixed it. But it
isn't fixed, as I saw on a subsequent reboot. So it
wasn't the symlink or LINUX_SOURCE switch.

uname -r should have told me what was going on.

Brain downtime is in order (sigh!).

--- Phil H <philtickle200@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I'm sure this is something embarrassingly obvious
> > but ...?
> >
> Ah - I've worked out what was wrong!  I had deleted
> the "linux" symlink in /usr/src before compiling
> loop.o, and I didn't specify LINUX_SOURCE explicitly
> as a "make" command switch.
>
> My thanks for everybody's patience.  Not sure
> whether
> the fault was one or both of these, but after
> re-doing
> with the symlink back in and LINUX_SOURCE specified,
> now have a working loop.o on this kernel, without
> doing any dubious manipulations.
>
> One more thing though (sorry!):
>
> The debian source came from www.backports.org and
> was
> kernel-source-2.4.26_2.4.26-6_all.deb.  In fact I
> was
> actually looking for the deb source for the
> downloaded
> kernel image from the same place, which was

kernel_image-2.4.26-1-386_2.4.26-5.backports.org.1_i386.deb