Re: loop-aes-ciphers make problem with kernel version

On 6/28/05, Paul Walker <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 11:10:25PM -0700, Phil H wrote:
>
> > I have Max's deb packages for v.2, but I want to be
> > able to compile my own. It seems I'm almost there now.
>
> Apologies if this is a silly question, but you did realise that Debian's
> already packaged the loop-aes parts for you...? Check the packages
> loop-aes-ciphers-source, loop-aes-source, and loop-aes-utils. (Possibly also
> aespipe.)

Well, Debian has indeed everything that's needed for loop-aes, but
it's not very well documented.

1) You need to get your kernel-headers _and_ kernel-source packages,
build-essential,  module-assistant, and all the usual development
packages
2) run "module-assistant fakesource"
3) run "module-assistant a-i loop-aes"
4) apt-get install loop-aes-utils
5) be happy

Unfortunately Sarge has loop-aes module version 2.0 and loop-aes-utils
version 3.0, but Sid's loop-aes-source works on Sarge flawlessly

Regards,
Jim

-