Boot Problems

Hi!

I've succesfully encrypted and booted my hard drive from a usb-device.
Now I have a problem with missing stuff in the kernel for other stuff.

I recompile a new kernel from another release (to ensure I don't break
anything) But when I get to the point where I should enter my password
it won't accept it. Or rather I get a simple error. I've thought i might
be that the keymap has been the problem since I have a few odd characters.

But when I tried to use the loadnationalkb=1 the old kernel still works
but not the new one. I'm not sure how to check this error. To see what's
wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Gabriel

-