gentoo kernel 2.6 & loop-aes vs cryptoapi

Hi!

I'm delurking cause of emigrating to kernel 2.6.11 with util-linux2.12i
patched for cryptoapi. I used loop-aes Version 2x with Suse old 2.4 Kernel
and was very happy about the features. (Well one year ago I patched it twice
with a newer version, bad luck shovling data graves) - I'm thinking of
repatching the util-linux back to normal to use loopaes, but before I've
following questions:
- is aes-256 encryption of cryptoapi compatible with loop-aes 256 or do I
have to backup my data first (I know I should do that anyway :)
- is there any performance diffrences between loopaes and cryptoapi or are
the optimized pentium code even the same?
- will there be an jari aes chiper for encrypting swap with crypto api?

TIA & and damn good work jari!
jonathan

-