AW: AW: Hello and DVD-ROM encryption

>What you want is aespipe. Look at
http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/ and get
http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/aespipe/aespipe-v2.3a.tar.bz2
Its readme has an example how to make encrypted ISO Images. From
my own experience I can assure you that loop-aes can mount and
read such encrypted images even if they are made on 4,4GB DVD
under Nero.
In case you would install loop-aes plus aespipe it might be
possible to append proper settings to the example especially for
DVD images. <<

I have read the readme. it sounds all right, although I do not get, why and
how I have to "create 65 random encryption keys and encrypt those keys using
gpg". Up to now, I never needed a keyfile, just the password-sentence, so
I'm a bit lost on how and why this is done.

My concern about usinf loop-aes is, that it may change my current settings
for cryptoloop, losetup,...etc. Will it change these? If so, I might not be
able to use my old archives any longer, if the new cryptoloop/losetup
modules are not compatible...
Actually I wanted a twofish-encryption, since I read, that AES is not really
the best anymore and has weaknesses, but I guess before it won't work at all
(or just by using large container files).

Oh yes - what exactly is the difference between an image-file made with
aespipe and one made with losetup? The real question beeing - what is the
advantage of this. to me it seems like aespipe is making basically the same
as losetup, so the ISO-image is looking similar. Although I see the
difference in filesystem. I used ext2 and the readme uses mkisofs. May that
be the key to success?

Ciao

-