Re: encrypted boot device (compact flash)

Hi JB, thanx for your feedback.

I understand that everything can be reverse engineered but the point is a question of effort, mounting a compact flash card and inspecting the contents is definitely easyier than exploiting buffer overflows or dump memory.

We're not selling a device, we're just offering a service and by contract the customer doesnt have the rights to open or modify the device (which is our property).

Said that I figure out that there's not an effective way of securing our proprietary applications.

Thanx again for your feedback.

Best,

nettie

Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote: