Re: TEMPEST

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 03:14:23PM +0200, markus reichelt wrote:
> Pavel Minev Penev <pavpen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Anyway, the only way to security is to make sure society serves the
> > principles of the universe, and not financially powerful empires built
> > on empiricism,
>
> ack on that but what can one really do? granted, resist individually
> and trying to make it public, but there's just too many lemmings out
> there who either just don't care or are incapable of doing so.

That exactly why Lyndon H. LaRouche, Jr. organized an international
counter-intelligence (publishes EIR, accessible from larouchepub.com)
and an international youth movemet (wlym.com).  Of course, there were
about four attempts for assassination against him, he has been in jail,
and while there, an agent from Mexico working for the Synarchist
International --- Fernando Quijano --- tried to destroy LaRouche's
organization from inside (he definitely demoralized it and had it
somewhat discredited).  In addition, Denis King was hired (sponsored by
the right wing, IIRC) to write a book of slander against LaRouche (Dale
Amon seems to be citing some of the materials used for the book).

I don't want to be rude, but resisting individually agianst
multi-billionare cartels is slightly beyond nonsense.  And indeed,
LaRouche's collaborators were able to identify how did it happen so that
such a massive population of people can sit indifferent to the organized
(by the same Synarchist International) depopulation of Africa, South and
Cetral America, Eastern Europe, and recently, even North America.  (What
the _Children of Satan_ three-part series, now published as a complete
book, reveals.)

The historico-philosophical fight between slavery and freedom has been
traced by many to ancient times.  It is known that ancient Greeks had
slaves and Spartans had a pretty cruel empire resembling in some ways
the empire designed by modern oligarchs, such as Bertrand Russell and
Aldous Huxley.  LaRouche has identified the source of the fight as the
question of how does one know.

Empiricists, such as Aristotel, say that the only way to know something
is to look at what your senses indicate in an as sterile manner as
possible.  But since senses could be tricked, this presumpion leads
empiricists (explicitly noted by the ancient nihilists) to the
conclusion that one cannot know anything, because one's senses may have
been tricked all the time (i.e. one could be in the Matrix).  Therefore,
nihilists say: 1) nothing exists, 2) if anything exists, it is not known
(you cannot tell if your senses are tricked or not), 3) if something
exists and is known, it is not communicateable (other people could not
tell if you are telling them the truth, or if you even exist).  Bertarnd
Russell himself, said `I would never die for my beliefs because I might
be wrong.'  Empiricism is also the basis of sophism which was a way of
disputing that the ancient sophists used to persuade someone in whatever
they were paid to persuade this person.  Empiricsts tend to adopt the
idea (in which, they don't believe, but still hold to) that the only
thing that matters is satisfaction of the senses.  People like that
don't care if people are enslaved, or dying, or even if humanity becomes
extinct, after all these people may not even exist.  Also, empiricists
have been known to create occultist science, because since they think
nothing can be known, it suffices to give a discription of what is
observed, and it does not matter what the description is.  (That's when
scientists say that they are just going to assume some unprovable
axioms, i.e. arbitrarilly, and work with them.)

Idealists, like Plato, on the other hand say that the universe is
lawful, in other words there are principles behind every single process.
Therefore, by looking at the processes --- shadows of the principles ---
one can infer the principles, and thus know things, even if one is
unable to sense them.  For example, Kepler discerned that planets orbit
according to some interaction between them similar to the electrostatic
one (Kepler discovored the principle of gravity, in _Mysterium
Cosmographicum_, which was later appropriated by the chairman of the
Royal Academy of Science --- Newton who was studying black magic at the
time); therefore, today we know that the Earth orbits the Sun, even
though we cannot explicitly sense that process (and even Kepler could
not).  The tradition of idealism is the one from which all the great
scientists come from (such as Plato, Kepler, Leibniz, Gauss, or even
Einstein and Heisenberg).  Of course, there have been operations against
them throughout all the history --- Leibniz's calculus developed in the
attempt to solve Kepler's problem was privatized by Newton, Gauss's and
Einsten's discoveries have been incorporated in an empirical formal
system that starts with unproven axioms, stripping the whole method of
knowing that has been incorporated in these discoveries, etc.

Anyway, as to modern history, the period of the second World War and the
times after that are quite important.  It was in these years that the
Farkfurt school of thought (that originated at the university in
Frankfurt am Mein in Germany) conducted extesive research on what kind
of idiology does one need to have in a population, so that the
population can accept fascism.  They developed bulky theories based on
empiricism.  For example, the method of Logical Positivism came out of
there.  The premise of this method is that the only way one knows
something is by starting with some (of course, unprovable, i.e.
arbitrary) axioms and then following formal logic.  Incidentally, this
seems to have been a technique exploited by the sophists to persuade
people in whatever they wanted.  Of course, logical positivism has
proven unusable in the physical universe for the purposes of science and
has been thrown out of some disciplines (for example, archaeology).  It
however, served many of the Frankfurt school philosophers, and was
emloyed in the fields of sociology (which was started at that school
IIRC), psychology, and the arts.  Here is something about Theodore
Adorno (who became head of the psychology department of the Frankfurt
school) from
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Frankfurt_School&oldid=4862683>:

	Adorno, a trained musician, wrote The Philosophy of Modern
	Music, in which he, in essence, polemicizes against beauty
	itself-- because anything which does not further the destruction
	of bourgeois society, reinforces the "authoritarian" impulse.
	Hence:

	"What radical music perceives is the untransfigured suffering of
	man...  The seismographic registration of traumatic shock
	becomes, at the same time, the technical structural law of
	music. It forbids continuity and development. Musical language
	is polarized according to its extreme; towards gestures of shock
	resembling bodily convulsions on the one hand, and on the other
	towards a crystalline standstill of a human being whom anxiety
	causes to freeze in her tracks... Modern music sees absolute
	oblivion as its goal. It is the surviving message of despair
	from the shipwrecked."

	Adorno continues, "...It is not that schizophrenia is directly
	expressed therein; but the music imprints upon itself an
	attitude similar to that of the mentally ill. The individual
	brings about his own disintegration... He imagines the
	fulfillment of the promise through magic, but nonetheless with
	the realm of immediate actuality... Its concern is to dominate
	schizophrenic traits through the aesthetic consciousness. In so
	doing, it would hope to vindicate insanity as true health." To
	anyone who is not fully of the Frankfurt School persuasion, such
	sentiments can only be disturbing.

So the Frankfurt school has engineered the sociological and artistic
basis of a modern form of dictatorship.  And what was the main idea of
this basis?  That one cannot know, that art should not be demonstrating
any idea (principle) by creating irony (just the way a not-yet-known
principle manifests itself by creating a paradox, or a certain
unexplained structure, in the course of a process).  Adorno also
authored the scenario of how to instill this new kind of art in the
existing societies (in one of his essays IIRC).

His plan was to first fetishize art, which meant associating artisting
performances with some kind of fetish.  For example, people should start
going to the opera not for the performance itself, but for showing that
they are of high social status, or that they are rich, or that they are
educated, etc.  After that the performances can be stripped from the
ironies that demonstrate principles through art.

The next step was to create new fetishes and associate them with
entirely new forms of art (Adorno notes the special role of the radio
for that).  The new forms of art should be such that not only will they
hinder people's ability to discover principles and lead them into
oblivion, but also the new art should be naturally unpleasant to the
human being.  Why?  Because with this form of art people will stop to
paying any attention to art.  Only the fetish will remain.  People will
never again think that art can express anything.

Adorno notes however, that after a continuous consumption of this new
form of art some people do realize that they indeed hate it and turn
against it.  As a solution of the problem, Adorno proposes that there
should be many differnt kinds (well, styles) of this art that should be
accepted as being totally different, althogh they are in the same
philosophical framework (that humans cannot know).  For example, there
should be metal that is held to be totally different from hip hop that
is held to be far from techno, etc.  In this situation, when an
individual rebels against a style the individual will naturally adopt a
different one, from the same framework.

And so, as some CIA reports, as well as Francis Saunder's book _The
Cultural Cold War: The CIA and the World of Arts and Letters_, reveal,
during the Cold War there was a somewhat calendestine cultural war
between the west and the communist bloc.  An OPC (well, a subdivision of
the CIA at the time) contact Michael Josselson together with Melvin
Lasky organized a congress that opened on June 26, 1950 in Berlin.  This
was the second convening of the Congress for Cultural Freedom, a.k.a.
CCF, (the previous not particularly successful attempt was on April 30
in Paris).  Anti-communist artists were carefully chosen for the
congress beforehand.  At it, in front of thousands of ``cheering
Berliners'' was expressed the ideology of art that had come from the
Frankfurt school:  the idea that art should be free, meaning it need
(and even shouldn't) be based upon principles.  Everything is now art.
Your piss is art, your fart is art, a succession of random frequencies
(i.e. `cat /dev/random > /dev/dsp`) is art, etc.  After the CCF (called
by LaRouche the Sexual Congress for Cultural Fascism) there was a
massive operation by the CIA in which thosands (=millions today) of
dollars were spent (mainly in Europe) on sponsoring newspapers,
articles, TV shows, individual artists, etc. to produce the new form of
art with an ideology that has been publicised by the CCF, so that people
can start consuming the art.

Before going to more recent years, I should mention that right after the
second World War, parallel with the Frankfurt school was operating the
Tavistock Institute in England.  This institute was researching
psychotropic substances (that is, how to control the central nervous
system of a human being (well, or animal) chemically).  William Sargant
was also doing research in this area.  He studied many cults around the
world and tribal rites to see how the mind can be controlled.  Based
upon this research the prominent oligarch Aldous Huxley wrote his _Brave
New World_.  Indeed Huxley went on to study psychotropic substances on
his own.  (Some facts and an engineered interpretation of them can be
found at http://somaweb.org/w/huxbio.html, Huxley's speech about the
Ultimate, or Final, Revolution is here
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/audiofiles.html#huxley).  Funny, people
call Huxley's society `a possible world', `fiction' and `dystopia', but
today you could order Soma on the Internet, and your psychiatrist may
well prescribe it to you...

Huxley's policies match Bertrand Russell's ones like:

	The social psychologists of the future will have a number of
	classes of school children on whom they will try different
	methods of producing an unshakable conviction that snow is
	black. Various results will be arrived at. First, that the
	influence of the home is obstructive.  Second, that not much can
	be done unless indoctrination begins before the age of ten.
	Third, that verses set to music and repeatedly intoned are very
	effective. Fourth, that the opinion that snow is white must be
	held to show a morbid taste for eccentricity.

	Although this science will be diligently studied, it will be
	rigidly confined to the governing class. The population will not
	be allowed to know how its convictions were generated. When the
	technique has been perfected, every government that has been in
	charge of education for a generation will be able to control its
	subjects securely without the need of armies or policemen.

	-- Bertrand Russell, 1951, _The Impact of Science on Society_

These policies approach reality around the 60s with the counter-culture.
The baby-boomers (the children of the World War II veterans, children
that have grown up with the new forms of art and social ideology) rioted
against `the evils of the world' like the Vietnam war, essentially
saying `We are going to solve our problems with the evils by dropping
out of school, taking drugs, being promiscuous, and performing other
bestial and mind-destroying acts.'  And the counter-culture didn't come
in `on its own', there were people behind the riots and `celebrities'
popularizing bestial behaviour.  That was an implementation of Huxley's
model of a society in which people were just finding _outlets_ to make
themselves uncapable of acting by any way that can have a sizeable
effect upon the universe (or oppose the policies being implemented for
that matter).  These same people are in today's government,
universities, industries, etc.  They run the US society.  Or more
acurately, they are used by financially powered cartels (of oligarchs,
of course) to run the US and other similar societies.

Well, I didn't mention how did today's financial system come about; and
why money today are not related to anything in the physical universe.
This question is important because it gave financial powers full control
over the population.  Multi-billionare cartels today can determine
prices of currencies, the fate of industries, even art, the population
of a region, etc.  And this goes back to Maastricht.  But I think I
wrote enough for today.

I will just mention that the following policies are part of what is
being implemented:

	At present the population of the world is increasing at about
	58,000 per diem.  War, so far, has had no very great effect on
	this increase, which continued throughout each of the world
	wars.  War has hitherto been disappointing in this respect, but
	perhaps bacteriological war may prove effective.  If a Black
	Death could spread throughout the world once in every
	generation, survivors could procreate freely without making the
	world too full.  The state of affairs might be unpleasant, but
	what of it?

	-- Bertrand Russell, _The Impact of Science on Society_,
	Routledge Press, New York, 1951.

	... nothing stirs me, nothing seems worth doing or worth having
	done: the only thing that I strongly FEEL worth while would be
	to murder as many people as possible so as to diminish the
	amount of consciousness in the world.

	-- Bertrand Russell in a letter to a friend from 1903.

In an effort to stop writing I will jump to the present moment,
mentioning that the LaRouche Youth Movement in the USA is campaigning
for John Kerry with the parallel efforts to teach Kerry some of the
classified history of our civilization and have him see the principle's
behing the variuos massive infrastructure projects developed by
LaRouche's collaborators (well, some of them are based on already
existing designs that never came into being) that will stimulate
businesses and help the world economy get rebuilt after the ~40 years of
destruction.  Of course, ending the bankers' financial system will be
crucial, so that money can be used for what their purpose in society is
--- to allocate human resources to the different branches of society
development.

Courage for freedom,
--
Pav  http://www.larouchepub.com/eirtoc/2004/eirtoc_3125.html