Problems with 2.6.8.1, loop-AES and ext3

> I don't think the problem is really limited to ext3. Today I
> accidentally
> booted the wrong kernel (the one causing the errors we're discussing), and
> after the usual symptoms I umounted /home. I looked (as root) into /tmp to
> see if the access error I had seen before reappears - it did. A "ls
> -la /tmp" told me "ls: reading directory /tmp: Input/Output error \n total
> 0". I attach an strace of this failed "ls /tmp", maybe that is
> helpful. /tmp is encrypted reiserfs; dmesg says:

I confirm this. I had the same error message using 2.6.8.1 with an encrypted
reiserfs. The "Input/Output error" disappear after rebooting with a 2.6.7
and the data are again available without corruption, though I got also some
little file corruption.
I then did a complete backup of the partition and re-formatted to give
reiser4 a try. After a couple hours of work some real data corruption
appeared, though now I don't get the "Input/Output error". Again, rebooting
with 2.6.7 seem to stop the filesystem corruption.

Feel free to give some test to do ... but please, before my backup gets too
old, because the encrypted partition is a /home full of precioussss
things ;)

I'm not subscribed to the list so, please, remember to cc-ing me.

Bye,
Paper

--
gleemites, n.:
	Petrified deposits of toothpaste found in sinks.

-