Re: 177GB ext3 partition fscked (aes256)

> The above "hdparm -W 0" might solve the problem totally. Is this write cache
> turn off permanent? If not, in which boot script can I add the command? I
> suppose this change will reduce harddisk performance a little bit, right?

> Regards,
> Peter

hdparm needs to be called with each reboot.

Some distributions include an /etc/init.d/hdparm script
(and /etc/hdparm.conf).  If these exist, use them to turn off the write
cache.  If they don't exist, place the hdparm command in an init script
before most partitions are mounted (i.e., in a new script before the
mountall executes, or at the top of the mountall script).  (As an
example, my Debian system has mountall placed as @S35 in the script
order, and I placed a script I made, mountloop, as @S34 in the script
order; mountloop calls hdparm, and then does special prep work for
encrypted swap or /tmp.)

-