Re: Encrypted swap, suspend, README, root encryption, potential weaknesses, NSA, dual-ciphers

Hi again,

at item 12 and 13c in the loop-AES readme (boot from CD), from which
directory do I run the script and lilo?

I'm currently using grub, and I would like to keep at least one old kernel if I'm not successful with booting the new one and encrypting /.

And is it possible to suspend to disk with root encryption?
I don't recommend suspend when there are encryption keys in kernel RAM.

Wouldn't the keys be encrypted when written to disk with suspend? Is it possible in theory to use suspend to disk without an unencrypted partition?

Human memorizable passphrase that protects the key file is the weakest part.
If attacker does not have that file, then it eliminates that weakness.

I see. How long should the passphrase ideally be?

Thanks,

Christian

P.S. Can someone from the US call this Adobe number 888-724-4508 and ask to delete the mailing list's e-mail from their record? They don't seem to offer a different way to cancel.

- Linux-crypto: cryptography in and on the Linux system Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/