Re: Encrypted swap, suspend, README, root encryption, potential weaknesses, NSA, dual-ciphers

Peter_22@xxxxxx wrote:
Hi!

I don´t know what problems you have with "Jari´s great README"

When I wrote "great README", I meant it.

While it is still not easy for someone with little experience to make root encryption work, Jari has undoubtly written a very good README/HOWTO, and he also is very attentive at this mailing list.

Thank you, Jari!

Going even further - which ways do exist to set up dual-cipher encryption?
I can assure you that Loop-AES is capable to use several ciphers for the
same partition. I successfully compiled loop-aes *plus* the cipher package.
You are free to use several modules and several "layers" of loop-aes. This
way you can encrypt the partition once in aes256, once again in twofish 256
and once more in serpent 128 if you deem this is necessary.

How would setup be done for two ciphers? (Jari could later include it in his loop-AES README)

Unfortunately there is no patch out yet to use this kind of thing for root /
swap encryption.

What do you think about this, Jari?

Christian

-